Website White Pine Ski Resort
Location: White Pine Ski & Summer Resort. Pinedale, Wyoming
Type: Winter Season. Part Time Position (Friday-Monday). Christmas Break: (Every Day- December 17th-January 3rd)
Job Description: White Pine Resort is looking for hardworking team players who enjoy the outdoors and are interested in the perks that working at a ski resort bring! Just 90 minutes Southeast of Jackson Hole in the Wind River Mountain Range. Our Grooming Operator is a reliable early riser with attention to detail. Don’t miss out on this fun opportunity!
Pay Scale: Hourly Pay Based on Experience.
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Housing: Possible Affordable Housing. TBD.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must have reliable winter transportation.
- Must be able to work odd hours, nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Good work ethic, polite to co-works and follows directions when being asked to undergo a task.
- Must possess and maintain a high level of responsibility and reliability.
Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
- Operate PistenBully Snow Cat equipment.
- Understand and perform all pre-shift equipment inspection checks.
- Understand and perform all safety aspects of equipment operation.
- Must be able to drive the Snow Cat on mountainous ski trails to shape the snow and maintain a smooth corduroy-like terrain, groom trails, chairlift ramps and existing features for safe skiing and boarding.
- Perform all grooming and feature building as defined by the grooming manager.
- Plow/push snow around base area as necessary.
- Meet with grooming manager prior to leaving the base of the mountain to determine routes and technique (individual or fleet grooming).
- Mat and track pack trails to prep for grooming and use (usually beginning of the season).
- Work hours other than scheduled pertaining to weather conditions.
- Transport mountain freight to designated areas on the mountain (i.e., assisting patrol with bamboo/tower/sign pad transport, etc.).
- Responsible for taking care of snow cats and minor maintenance as necessary.
- Assist Maintenance Manager with occasional equipment maintenance as necessary.
- Shovel snow as needed.
- Maintain clean cab and windows.
- Assist in maintaining shop facility and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Acquire knowledge of the mountain (Names and locations of trails, Traverses, Lifts and other facilities).
- Be aware of fixed obstacles (Trees, Buildings, Rope lines, Trail signs and Maps).
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements (Including but not limited to):
- Must have previous experience operating heavy equipment.
- Previous diesel engine, hydraulics and/or electrical experience preferred.
- Demonstrate great attention to detail.
- Overall understanding of White Pine policies and procedures.
- Must be dependable and have excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of snow grooming equipment preferred but not required, will train the right person.
- May be required to work outside in all weather conditions.
- All candidates must pass a pre-employment background check.
Apply today at www.whitepinewyoming.com/employment.
All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment. Completed applications, accompanied with a resume if desired, can be emailed directly to the General Manager of White Pine Resort at .
White Pine Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Operating under USFS Special Use Permit in the Bridger-Teton National Forest.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org