Website Breckenridge Ski and Snowboard School
Location: Breckenridge, Colorado
Commitment: Winter seasonal, full-time or part-time
Hiring salary: $15/hour
Please apply HERE if interested. This position is open until filled.
The Instructor will provide quality ski or snowboard instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all Colorado Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines. Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboard skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Provide a safe and fun learning environment through exceptional class handling and creativity using our teaching handbook as a guide.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Snowboard programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source or lesson meeting place, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas and cleanliness of facilities.
- Attend morning meetings.
- Must be able to discuss the lesson content and evaluate the progress of the lesson with the guest.
- Must have high level of guest service skills and experience.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson.
- Arrive to work on time prepared for all duties within job description.
- Able to work cooperatively with staff and other departments to ensure safety, security and enjoyment of our guests.
- Knowledge and awareness of the environment. Must be able to make sound decisions based on weather conditions, terrain and temperatures.
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian (children’s instructors only).
- Must be willing to perform occasional duties with other departments (e.g. scanning, food & beverage, lift operations)
- High school diploma
- Minor computer skills in order to operate browser
- Fluency in English language, both verbal and written
- Strong intermediate skier who can make parallel or linked turns on blue terrain
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate effectively to groups and individuals as assigned
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must be willing to adhere to the Vail Resorts policy of wearing an approved helmet at all times while teaching
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring
- Previous ski or snowboard instructor experience
- Experience in working with children (children instructors only)
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
The Perks and Benefits:
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
To apply for this job email your details to ESullivan@vailresorts.com