Website Vail Mountain Resort
Job Type: Full-Time, Winter Seasonal
Location: Vail Mountain, Vail, CO
The Operational Supervisor will be responsible for the guest experience and product quality. This is accomplished through hiring, training, managing, scheduling, payroll and overall morale of program instructors. The Supervisor is accountable for promoting workplace safety programs, allocation of ski school resources to products, staff and guest communication as well as instructor on-hill observations to review product quality. The Supervisor will regularly interact with guests to solicit feedback, resolve conflicts, and to accommodate special requests when appropriate.
- Guest experience- ensuring the highest level of quality in regards to private and adult group lessons and overall ski/snowboard school experience. Matching guests needs to instructor qualities, greeting/informing guests, soliciting feedback, guest recovery, and accommodating special requests when appropriate.
- Promote school, resort and company initiatives.
- Manage on-hill class lesson splits to ensure lesson quality while at the same time maintaining appropriate class averages. On-hill presence to make self available to instructors for additional help when needed, also for observation purposes in regards to reviewing product quality and instructor performance.
- Instructor Performance Management including ongoing communication and of season reviews for staff and coaching/disciplinary actions when deemed necessary.
- Continuous interaction with Product Sales team to manage private lesson bookings ensuring exceptional guest experiences while maximizing revenue.
- May include scheduled days working inside to facilitate immediate instructor needs with reference to scheduling private lessons.
- Work place safety initiatives: To include: Worker’s Compensation reporting, facilitating mandatory safety training/clinics, incident tracking and communication to reward the staff when safety and wellness goals are met.
- Staff communication to include: daily morning meetings, monthly family meetings, instructor messaging for company/department updates.
- Recording individual program statistics to attain seasonal targets.
- Lead training and teach lessons whenever necessary.
- Remain current with certification and membership of professional ski/snowboard organizations.
- Oversee distribution, organization and collection of instructor uniforms.
- Role model and bring to life the company’s values of; Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe and Have Fun.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma.
- PSIA/AASI Level 3 preferred
- Minimum of three years as a full-time instructor for a recognized ski/snowboard school. Highly recommended: Instructor trainer or Supervisor Assistant.
- Have current professional instructor certification; required
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently. Verbal communication in person and via telephone with guests, instructors and management is required.
The budgeted range starts at $43,000-$49,450. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Perks and Benefits:
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Contact Information: Operational Supervisor Application
Application Deadline: Open
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.