Website Breckenridge Ski and Snowboard School
Location: Breckenridge, Colorado
Commitment: Winter seasonal, full-time
Hiring salary: $50,000-$53,000
Please apply HERE if interested. This position is open until filled.
The Special Programs Product Manager is responsible for managing and executing our season-long programs, camps, outreach programs, and other specialty products catered to children ages 3-14. They are responsible for appropriate staffing and scheduling of instructors for specific programs and assignments, attaining appropriate financial goals, managing the guest experience to our service standards, and creating and managing a safe environment for guests and instructors alike. This is accomplished by focusing on agreed upon tactics to achieve our collective Ski and Snowboard School business goals.
- Managing the guest experience for students and parents for all relevant programming from the pre-arrival phase of their visit through the entire experience.
- Scheduling and staffing large seasonal programs with an appropriate number of instructors to meet target class ratios for varying ages and abilities.
- Collaborating with other on-snow Supervisors and Managers to anticipate staffing needs for all programs in a timely manner and communicating effectively regarding instructor scheduling for both programs and other products.
- Ensuring that all staff members are facilitating a class environment that meets the needs of our guests including following safety protocols, ensuring personalized service and attention is provided by instructors, and appropriate teaching and class handling tactics are employed in all lessons.
- Coordinating with appropriate external agencies for planning purposes to execute relevant programs such as SOS, Snowcore, and Community School skiing programs.
- Timely communication with all relevant stakeholders for programs regarding any schedule changes, upcoming events, new information, addressing any concerns that have been raised, etc. Stakeholders include students, parents, instructors, other Ski and Snowboard School Supervisors, and at times, external agencies.
- Creating, organizing, staffing, and managing any special events relevant to our programs including competitions, special camp events, ski school races, etc.
- Oversight of any appropriate specialty products including scheduling, managing class assignments, accountability to financial goals, and ensuring the instructors are delivering on the guest experience to our service standards in all aspects of the lessons provided.
- Assistance with day-to-day operations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working in a Ski & Snowboard School
- One year supervisory experience
- PSIA/AASI level 1 certification or equivalent
- Willing to work weekends and holidays
- Strong organizational and planning skills
The Perks and Benefits:
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
To apply for this job email your details to ESullivan@vailresorts.com