Website Mount Brighton
Job Type: Full time, Winter Seasonal
Location: Mount Brighton, Brighton, Michigan
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Manages to overall day-to-day operation of all Ski/Snowboard rentals, Chairlift Ski Shop and tuning/repair service for Mt. Brighton Ski Area. This position is responsible for merchandising, financial management, sales staff supervision and overall store management. Oversees hiring, training, coaching and scheduling of store personnel. Responsible for sales generation and growth, inventory control, controllable expenses, cash management, merchandising, loss prevention and store appearance.
As the Manager of the Retail & Rental departments, this job oversees the operations of a high volume, seasonal rental operation, ski and snowboard repair/tuning center and the Chairlift Ski Shop servicing the entire resort. The retail/rental manager’s responsibility includes:
- Overseeing all aspects of all retail/rental operations.
- Manages through uncertainty and change positively
- Manages a team of up to 50 frontline staff and leadership team of 5-6
- Provides an important piece of our guests’ experience of a lifetime while in our resort by maintaining a strong culture of guest service
Day to day task will often include:
- Providing consistent and direct feedback, coaching and guidance to team members
- Driving professional development in yourself as well as others
- Designing, executing and tracking training plan for associates starting with their first day
- Ensuring department and staff have all necessary supplies
- Meeting with other departments and committees to ensure department is aligned with initiatives
- Creating operational plans for special events, groups, and holidays
- Identifying sales opportunities and create plans accordingly
- Administrative duties
- Managing retail inventory, rental inventory, and supplies with cost management in mind
- Hiring staff and processing payroll through a digital platform
- 2 years in retail/rental experience
- Minimum 2 years leadership experience
- 2 years resort experience in a management role
- Knowledge and passion for snow sports
- High School Diploma, Bachelor degree preferred
- You may be eligible to participate in the Vail Resorts employee benefits package for employees at your level, which currently includes Medical, Dental & Vision coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability Pay, Long Term Disability Insurance and access to our 401(k) Retirement Plan.You also will receive time off in accordance with Vail Resorts’ time off policies, beginning immediately upon hire.
- In addition to our traditional benefits, Vail Resorts offers unique discounts and perks to help you realize your own “Experience of a Lifetime.” You will enjoy ski and snowboard privileges including free mountain passes for yourself and eligible dependents, discounted and/or free lift tickets and ski lessons. You will also enjoy our discounted lodging, retail, rental and food rates.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Contact Information: https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/
Application Deadline: Open
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.