Senior Director of Beaver Creek Mountain Skier Services
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
The Senior Director of Beaver Creek Mountain Skier Services is the brand ambassador to carry forth Beaver Creek’s legacy, leadership and vision. The role is responsible for driving innovation and the overall quality of the guest and employee experience at Beaver Creek Resort for Adult and Children Ski and Snowboard Schools, Child Care, Product Sales and Services as well as Guest Services. Specific areas include: leadership management and team development including training, goal setting and evaluation to ensure exceptional guest service and safety; drive revenue by looking at ways to grow the business, manage expense oversight and forecasting; capital project coordination; articulate and consistent communication and interaction with guests and community members. As a member of the Resort’s senior leadership team the position provides strategic direction to the Resorts goals and initiatives to drive the business, guest experience and employee experience.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategically direct and monitor quality of overall Ski and Snowboard School products and staff to ensure exceptional guest experience, alignment with Resort and Company goals, financial success, and development of future products/programs.
- Lead Managers and Supervisors to ensure accountability for the quality of products and services for the guests and employees. Provide feedback, growth opportunities, leadership opportunities and appropriate training to develop leaders.
- Inform the creation and implementation of training plans and monitor the quality of training.
- Stay current on guest and employee health and safety regulations, including MSDS standards, universal precautions, child abuse guidelines, background checks, emergency evacuation and lightning procedures.
- Actively seek information about industry trends, competitions, and events, and remain involved with professional organizations (ISIA, PSIA/AASI).
- Partner with other Resort Ski School Directors on best practice program including program offerings; safety initiatives; instructor training, etc.
- Monitor and maintain quality and appearance of buildings, sales facilities – both on mountain and at the base area, organizational yard, signage and program imaging, teaching terrain, and locker rooms.
- Hire; train and evaluate leadership team.
- Act as Vail Resorts representative with the local community as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree, in business-related field – highly preferred
- At least 5 years of experience as a full time ski/snowboard instructor
- At least 5 years of experience as a Ski School General Manager
- Current PSIA/AASI level 3 certification
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Previous guest service experience
- College degree in related field
- Previous experience as a Ski School Director
- Previous experience working for Vail Resorts
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft, RPOS
The budgeted range starts at $112,000-$140,250 + annual bonus + equity. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including…
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
For more information, or to apply, please visit https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/beaver/job/Beaver-Creek-Senior-Director-of-Beaver-Creek-Mountain-Skier-Services-CO-81620/756042900/?locale=en_US.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org