Website Mad River Mountain
Ski and Snowboard School Manager – Seasonal 2021/2022
Location: Mad River Mountain, Zanesfield, Ohio
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Ski and Snowboard School Manager is a member of the management team who is responsible for the overall quality and financial performance of the Ski and Snowboard School and the Mad River Mountain race department. With mentorship from the General Manager, the role is responsible leading the overall vision and direction for these departments at Afton, and for the hiring/termination, training, managing, scheduling, payroll, financial management and morale of Supervisors and Instructors. This role must promote workplace safety programs, provide direct supervisor leadership and implement operational efficiency systems to ensure a constant product and guest experience quality review.
- Supervisor and Instructor scheduling to fairly coordinate work priority status, while handling labor budgets for financial success. Daily review of daily sales and labor report. Performance measured seasonally by meeting or exceeding financial metrics.
- Continuous interaction with Product Sales team to handle lesson bookings ensuring outstanding guest experiences while improving revenue. Appropriate level of expertise utilizing RPOS sales and reporting tools, including monitoring and administration of inventory controls. Familiarity with Peoplesoft for payroll issues.
- Ensuring the highest level of quality in regards to private or group lessons and overall ski/snowboard school experience. Responsible for training supervisors in guest recoveries and tactics to increase Guest Experience scores. Performance measured by meeting or exceeding Guest Experience survey metrics.
- Worker’s Compensation reporting, facilitating required safety training/clinics, incident tracking and communication. Oversight of Supervisors to ensure all safety compliance programs (on-line safety quiz, equipment check, park pass program, kids on lifts) achieve 100% completion rate. Performance measured by achieving or exceeding worker’s compensation metrics.
- Run supervisor rotation for observation purposes in regards to reviewing product quality and instructor performance and safety, including monitoring of suggested and prescribed routes. Handle supervisors leading movement prep as part of morning meetings.
- Participation in the Resort Leadership team weekly meetings
- Staff communication to include: daily morning meetings, monthly family/town hall meetings, instructor messaging for company/department updates utilizing social media, e-mail, instructor messaging and morning meetings.
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding expectations in Employee Engagement Survey metrics.
- Lead supervisors and instructors in their professional development for Performance Management including ongoing communication, mid and end of season reviews for staff and coaching/disciplinary actions when deemed vital.
- Be responsible for and lead all aspects of the Mad River race department, including adult and children’s season long programming, knowledge of race programming events and trends in the Midwest, awareness of race infrastructure seasonal set up, maintain dedication to the highest level of overall safety in the race department
- Schedule and facilitate one on one’s with direct reports to review professional development progress and utilize Individual Development Plans.
- Drive the business through a comprehensive understanding of our ski school-wide, resort-wide, and enterprise-wide business strategies. Strong ability to communicate the connection between those strategies and the priorities of supervisors and instructors. Offer out front and driven recommendations on how to maintain relevance and business performance.
- Remain current with certification and membership of professional ski/snowboard organizations.
- Role model and bring to life the company’s values of; Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe and Have Fun.
- Other duties as assigned
- Leadership and/or supervisory experience
- RPOS, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Social Media, base and hand-held radio.
- Proficient English
- Strong skiing or snowboarding skills. Ability to access all terrain.
- Experience as instructor trainer or PSIA advanced educator, preferred
- Have current professional instructor certification. PSIA/AASI Level 2 or above preferred
- Resort or hospitality business operations or education
- Minimum of three years as a full-time instructor for a recognized ski/snowboard school
- Minimum Requirements – College Degree and/or two years relevant validated leadership experience in a related field, or combination of education and experience in a related field
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Contact Information: https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/
Application Deadline: Open
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.