Website Arizona Snowbowl
Ski and Snowboard School Supervisor
Purpose of the position:
Supervise daily activities of Ski & Ride School Instructors and ski and snowboard line-ups. Promote a fun safe environment for employees and guests.
To Facilitate safe, professional, competent, and fun instruction skiing and/or snowboarding at The Arizona Snowbowl. Teach skills and techniques in a clear concise manner per the department’s policies and progressions. Provide the tools and atmosphere to develop instructors personal skiing and/or snowboarding, and teaching skills.
- Provide feedback and connect employees with appropriate training, growth, and leadership opportunities.
- Hold a high standard of operation and guest service while monitoring quality of SRS products to ensure exceptional guest experience, alignment with Company values, resort goals, financial success, through enhancements to current and the development of future products/programs.
- Communicate effectively across products to ensure day to day operation matches the intended outcomes.
- Stay current on guest and employee health and safety regulations, including MSDS standards, universal precautions, child abuse guidelines, temporary background checks, emergency evacuation and lightning procedures.
- Know and model the school teaching system and guest service guidelines and be prepared to lead clinics and teach the public when necessary.
- Actively seek information about industry trends, competitions, and events, and remain involved with professional organizations including ISIA, PSIA-AASI.
- Work with Ski School Leadership to support and achieve quality, financial, and safety targets.
- Promote and emphasize safety in all classes.
- Work with Ski School Management to provide seamless guest service to all Ski & Ride School customers.
- Advise Ski School Management in Hiring, training, supervising, discipline and scheduling of staff
- Monitor and enforce daily labor management per department standards.
- Reconcile daily labor sheets and to possess a basic understanding of the department’s payroll system.
- Effectively deal with Guest concerns and questions.
- Possess the ability to physically and verbally communicate the tasks and skills.
- Make appropriate decisions regarding student progressions, terrain and teaching different abilities/attitudes.
- Act as an educator including but not limited to crowd supervision, safety awareness, terrain park etiquette, responsibility code and guest relations by performing assigned duties.
- Maintain a neat, clean, and professional appearance.
- Wear assigned uniform jacket with solid black snow pants. Uniforms must be clean with accessories and name tags appropriate for ski and snowboard professionals.
- Understand and adhere to all Ski & Snowboard School policies and procedures.
- Carry out all job-related tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Communicate effectively across departments to ensure staff training matches the intended outcomes and program coordination is smooth with all operating groups.
- 2 years as a full-time ski/snowboard instructor.
- Previous experience of managing or supervisor roles (preferred).
- PSIA-AASI Member in Good standings (Level II preferred).
- Ability to physically spend a full day on skis/snowboard in any type of weather conditions
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Snow shoveling as required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com