Website Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort
Ski and Snowboard School Supervisor
Location: Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort, Vadito, NM
Department: Ski and Snowboard School
Salary: Seasonal position October-April. Salary range DOE $2500-2720 biweekly
The Ski and Snowboard School Manager is responsible for the Ski and Snowboard School departments’ overall vision, direction, leadership, and success, focusing on providing an outstanding guest and employee experience. Ensures departments meet revenue and profitability goals while providing high-quality guest experiences and services consistent with the vision, needs, and expectations of Sipapu Resort. Manage the human, financial and physical resources of the Children’s and Adult Ski School.
- Supervise Ski/Ride School supervisors daily. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, performance appraisals, training, promotion, transfers, disciplinary discussions, and terminations. Indirectly supervise Ski/Ride School staff daily.
- Develop and manage operating labor and expense budgets, capital expenditures, and equipment leases and purchases.
- Monitor daily revenues and expenses. Keep accurate daily, weekly, monthly records of class sizes and labor costs: Monitor ski school revenue and expense figures. Manage appropriate instructor to lesson ratios and adjust ski school operations as necessary.
- Provide quality ski school products through a combination of quality in instructors and lessons/programs.
- Evaluate products through staff and customer feedback, comments, and surveys.
- Develop and maintain an organized schedule of program staff that ensures appropriate staffing levels. Maintain effective communications between all levels of staff and other departments.
- Implement, and ensure compliance with all Company and State safety policies and procedures. Take disciplinary action as necessary.
- Resolve customer complaints and problems to satisfy the guest and protect the company’s interest in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A leader with high emotional intelligence, a gifted and passionate ski/snowboard instructor, a selfless leader, and an expert in motivation.
- Expert knowledge of current ski/snowboard instruction ideas, methods, and techniques.
- Expert understanding of human and business management practices.
- Solid accounting skills.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in resort operations or related field and a minimum of 3 years of ski school supervisory or management experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- PSIA/AASI level 3 certification preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Google Suite software platforms required.
To apply for this job please visit " rel="nofollow">sipapu.ski.