Website Blizzard Ski & Snowboard
Alpine Ski or Snowboard Instructors
Blizzard Ski & Snowboard School is a weekend traveling ski & snowboard school for children in grades K-12 in Minnesota. We have over twenty bus stops around the Twin Cities and our entire program visits eight snowsports destinations during our twelve-week season. Since 1958, we’ve been inspiring kids to become lifelong skiers and snowboarders! If you’re passionate about snowsports, we want you on our staff!
What’s My Job?
- Teach skiing and/or snowboarding to groups and individuals in K-12th grades in a safe and fun learning environment through exceptional class handling and creativity
- Follow the Responsibility Code and ensure guest safety on varied terrain in winter weather
- Teach students to load and unload lifts and physically assist children with the process
- Supervise children at all times in class and assist during lunch and snack times
- Attend mandatory staff training and abide by the Staff Handbook
- Own and maintain contemporary equipment
- Maintain attendance and punctuality, and exercise good judgment
- Promote teamwork and a positive attitude with respect for all members and staff
- Wear uniform (first-year instructors are exempt)
- Continually learn and update teaching, technical and skiing/snowboarding skills based on PSIA-AASI standards
- Perform all other duties assigned or identified as a need
Am I Qualified?
- Intermediate or above skiing and/or snowboarding (comfortable on blue slopes)
- 18 years of age or older and out of high school
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Basic proficiency with email and internet websites
- Ability to pass a background check
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a validated medical or religious exemption
- PSIA-AASI or USSA certification or equivalent experience preferred
What Are The Perks?
- FREE cutting-edge training by PSIA-AASI certified clinicians
- FREE dryland clinics to advance teaching theory and technical skills
- FREE on-snow clinics focused on personal skiing/riding, teaching and technical skills
- FULL reimbursement for passing PSIA-AASI certification exams
- Team-teaching opportunities for new instructors
- Advanced opportunities for instructors with previous experience and PSIA-AASI certification
- Discounts on your child(ren)’s program and weekly trip fees
- Pay ranges from $16-$30 per lesson plus bonuses based on your PSIA-AASI certification level combined with your Blizzard trip attendance
Want to learn more? Or Apply?
- Contact Kris at
- Call 763.559.EDGE (3343)
- Applications due by November 15, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com