Website Alyeska Resort
Snow Sports Instructor
THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN GIRDWOOD, ALASKA.
Pay scale based on certification – $14 to $22 per hour
- To teach group and private lessons to guests of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
- To present ourselves to the guest and fellow employees as professional instructors as well as hosts and guides.
- Present ourselves as safety conscious employees, minimizing risk to injury.
- Attend ongoing training to keep up to date with contemporary concepts and progressions, striving to better our teaching and skiing/riding techniques.
- Arrive at work on time, with equipment ready, uniform clean and tidy, presenting a professional appearance.
- Work as a team with your colleagues and other mountain departments so that all may benefit from working in an environment of good will and mutual respect.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Ski School Director or Supervisors, including Magic Carpet operations, and Rental Shop tasks.
- Other tasks as directed
Alaska is an incredible place and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit. Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees are able to work hard and play hard, and are encouraged to share their enthusiasm with our guests.
Offering year-round and seasonal opportunities working at Alyeska Resort is both rewarding and exhilarating. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality or ski resort professional, or just starting out with an avid interest in ski area management or travel tourism, we invite you to review current career opportunities and check back often as we are always seeking great talent.
Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee benefits including:
- Commuter’s allowance
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time employees
- Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)
- Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents
- Roth 401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounts for rooms at The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels
- Discounts in Resort restaurants, shops, and fitness center/pool
Experience the Alyeska Resort here: https://vimeo.com/546215049
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Level 1 or higher PSIA/AASI Certification recommended.
- At least 1 year prior Ski/Snowboard instructing experience.
- Minimum of Intermediate Skiing and or Snowboarding skills.
- Able to Ski/SB for extended periods of time, requiring lifting, bending and twisting
- Thorough knowledge of Ski and/or Snowboard equipment and accessories.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather and snow conditions.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands:
- Instructors must be physically able to safely navigate all in-bounds areas in all weather and snow conditions. You will be required to ski/snowboard and talk for extended periods of time. Lifting heavy objects (no more than 50 pounds), bending, twisting and shoveling may be required. You will be required to stand and walk safely on uneven terrain. Employee may be required to pass a functional capacity test developed for this job.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the noise in this work environment is usually moderate. Physical terrain in the work environment can be uneven with poor traction; there is ice and snow outside and wet floors in doors. Outside temperatures can be extremely cold and wet.
Alyeska Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All resort employees must possess current documentation showing they are eligible for employment in the United States. Alyeska Resort accepts applications for currently available positions only, and does not accept applications for “general employment.” Preference may be given to local candidates, as relocation may not be available.
Alyeska Resort Ski School Director
To apply for this job please visit pomeroylodging.talentnest.com.