Website AbilityPLUS / Mount Washington Valley Adaptive Sports
Winter Program Director (Adaptive Sports)
Location: Attitash Mountain Resort, Bartlett NH
Type of Job: Full Time temporary (seasonal)
Salary and Benefits: $2600/ month plus season EPIC ski pass
Reporting to the AbilityPlus Executive Director (ED), and in collaboration with the ED and Board of Directors, the Winter Program Director oversees, identifies, evaluates and implements all aspects of adaptive sport and recreation programming for their designated site(s), This position requires adherence to fiscal, ethical, legal, and best practice standards.
- Create and implement programming following industry best practices
- Manage lesson/activity scheduling as well as coordinating daily participant and volunteer assignments
- Orient, train, and supervise volunteers
- Educate and ensure adherence to guidelines, policies and procedures
- Professionally interface with participants, family members, and caregivers
- Oversee participant evaluation to ensure goals and needs are met
- Maintain equipment, tools, and apparel inventory based upon year of purchase and function, and quality
- Determine purchase needs based on student requirements, current inventory, and budget
- Regularly communicate to the AbilityPLUS Executive Director and Board of Directors pertinent program information including, but not limited to: expenses, income, donations, incidents, etc..
- Supervise support staff, ensuring administrative and organizational needs are met
- Maintain accurate and updated records on all participants and volunteers
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to verbal, electronic, or written communication
- Ensure that lesson documentation complies with all policy and procedures of the AbilityPLUS organization and associated partner organizations, including, but not limited to; Move United, Attitash Mountain and Wildcat Mountain
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly statistical reports based on lessons, revenue, and costs generated by each program and submit them to the Board of Directors in a timely fashion.
- Compile programming data associated with any reporting requirements for grants applied for and/or awarded.
- Fully support and model the mission, vision, values and philosophy of AbilityPLUS
- Adhere to all policies, systems, safety requirements, and procedures of AbilityPLUS
- Present oneself in a professional manner with current and potential community contacts
- Engage in regular, respectful communication with the AbilityPLUS board.
- Be professional and respectful of the organization to all staff, volunteers, participants, family members, and donors
- Participate in AbilityPLUS board meetings as requested
- Interface with resort management on program operation
- Provide expertise in disability awareness to the host resort(s) and public
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field
- 2-3 years’ experience in adaptive snow sports
- 2-3 years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities
- 2-3 years’ experience in non-profit program management
- Basic proficiency in Excel; Word; Google
- The employee is responsible for acquiring transportation to/from the identified site(s).
- Much of the work is outdoors, which means exposure to cold in the winter and heat in summer. Duties may require the employee to be outside during adverse weather.
- Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this role with reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated on an individual basis and depend, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, limitations related to the disability and the potential of AbilityPLUS to accommodate the limitation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected for this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com