Website Afton Alps
Assistant Manager of Lift Operations – Winter Seasonal
Afton Alps, Minnesota
$16.40-$24.60 per hour
During the winter season the Assistant Manager of Lift Operations will oversee the hiring, training, scheduling, daily operations, and budgetary compliance; act as a positive advocate for our safety culture; insure that all regulatory and Vail Resorts safety regulations are met. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills and successfully lead a staff of experienced individuals, enabling the highest levels of execution and job satisfaction while working toward excellent team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Demonstrates strong example of Vail Resorts Core Values of: Serve Others, Do Good, Drive Value, Be Safe, Do Right, and Have Fun.
- Update, modify, and develop training material for employee development within department
- Supervise technical training for staff as well as assist in facilitation of department training sessions as needed
- Provide leadership development education within team.
- Be able to oversee all lift operations during winter.
- Ensure compliance of all safety regulations and policies.
- Ensure proper completion of daily operations logs and required paperwork.
- Assist Lift Maintenance staff to ensure reliable operation of lifts.
- Handle and respond to customer complaints.
- Conduct Mid-Season and End of Season performance reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for safety compliance at all Lift Stations as it relates to staff, guests and lift machinery.
- Analyze labor and expenses to stay with budget.
- Help with making sure that all employees are paid correctly for all time worked.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in chair lift operations; staff management
- Minimum of 2 years previous Leadership experience in a dynamic operational setting
- Valid driver License
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Schedule Requirements: 40-48 hours per week; weekends and holidays
- Small equipment experience
Physical Requirements: Involves lifting up to 50 pounds, and stalling chairs up to 220 lbs. clearing large volumes of snow and/or ice, raking, and clearing snow/ice from chairs. Requires prolonged periods of standing and walking on slippery and/or uneven snow or icy surfaces. Position requires shoveling, bending, climbing, walking and crouching. Position requires use of automobiles, atvs, utvs and snowmobiles. Able to work outdoors in all seasons. Ability to operate walk behind and ride on equipment.
- Familiarity with mountain operations
- MS Office proficiency; Coupa, Concur, PeopleSoft
- Equipment maintenance skills
- Heavy equipment experience
- Fluent in English
Competencies: These are the attributes and behaviors that Vail Resorts and Afton Alps uses to measure an individual employee’s overall effectiveness in role.
- Serve Others: Own It. Personalize It. Elevate It.
Identifies and take ownership of opportunities to assist the customer; listens and responds to customer needs to personalize the experience; is committed to elevating the customer experience; communicates clearly and effectively; is flexible to adjust plans to meet customers’ changing needs; collaborates with team members and peers; exhibits a service attitude that is engaging with customers.
- Do Right: Act with Integrity – always do the right thing, knowing it leads to the right outcome.
Follows through on commitments; is honest and trustworthy; understands and complies with company policies and procedures; considers stakeholder interests in decision making; takes ownership of actions and decisions; receptive and responsive to others’ feedback; identifies and communicates ethical concerns.
- Drive Value: Grow profit through smart and innovative business practices.
Is a positive advocate for the company; is aware of the impact of decisions and actions on company profitability; works efficiently; completes tasks accurately and manages time well; strives for continual improvement and growth; is open to and suggests new ideas; uses company resources appropriately; demonstrates financial discipline.
- Do Good: Preserve our natural environment and contribute to the success of our local communities.
Has an awareness of the company’s Epic Promise program; considers the environmental and community impact of decisions and actions; takes actions in support of the company’s environmental initiatives; understands the company’s connection with our local communities.
- Be Safe: Be committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and Guests.
Promotes a culture of health and safety; takes personal accountability for the safety of self and others; understands and communicates safety procedures and expectations; utilizes all relevant safety resources; identifies and appropriately reports risk.
- Have Fun: Fun is our product – create fun, enjoy your work and share the contagious spirit.
Shares enthusiasm for our products and services; is able to overcome challenges while maintaining a positive attitude; inspires others and integrates fun into the work environment; is approachable and welcoming to customers; promotes an engaging, inclusive atmosphere.
- You may be eligible to participate in the Vail Resorts employee benefits package for employees at your level, which currently includes Medical, Dental & Vision coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability Pay, Long Term Disability Insurance and access to our 401(k) Retirement Plan. You also will receive time off in accordance with Vail Resorts’ time off policies, beginning immediately upon hire.
- In addition to our traditional benefits, Vail Resorts offers unique discounts and perks to help you realize your own “Experience of a Lifetime.” You will enjoy ski and snowboard privileges including free mountain passes for yourself and eligible dependents, discounted and/or free lift tickets and ski lessons. You will also enjoy our discounted lodging, retail, rental and food rates.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
For more information, or to apply, please visit https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.