Website Heavenly Mountain Resort
Director of Skier Services
Location: Heavenly, CA
The Director of Heavenly Mountain Resort – Skier Services is the brand ambassador to carry forth Heavenly’s legacy, leadership and limitless possibilities. The role is responsible to drive innovation and quality of the guest and team member experience for Adult and Children Ski and Snowboard Schools, Child Care and Guest Services. Specific areas include but are not limited to: management of all Ski School and Guest Service staff including: goal setting, training and evaluation to ensure exceptional guest service and safety; drive revenue by looking at ways to grow the business, manage expense oversight and forecasting; capital project coordination; articulate and consistent communication and interaction with guests and community members. As a member of the Resort’s senior leadership team the position provides strategic direction to the Resorts goals and initiatives to drive the business, guest experience and employee experience.
- Strategically direct and monitor quality of overall Ski and Snowboard School products and staff to ensure exceptional experience for guestsand safety, aligned with Resort and Company goals, financial success, and development of future products/programs.
- Lead Managers and Supervisors to ensure accountability for the quality of products, services and safety for guests. Provide feedback, growth opportunities, leadership opportunities and appropriate training to develop of leaders.
- Drive a strong culture of safety within the SRS team and the entire resort.
- Inform the creation and implementation of training plans and monitor the quality of training.
- Stay current on guest and employee health and safety regulations, including MSDS standards, universal precautions, child abuse guidelines, background checks, emergency evacuation and lightning procedures.
- Actively seek information about industry trends, competitions, and events, and remain involved with professional organizations (ISIA, PSIA/AASI).
- Partner with other Resort Ski School Directors to identify and drive best practice program including program offerings; safety initiatives; instructor training, etc.
- Monitor and maintain quality and appearance of facilities – both on mountain and at the base area, organizational yard, signage and program imaging, teaching terrain, and locker rooms.
- Drive our talent and DEI philosophy Hire; train and develop Ski School leadership team and Guest Service management staff.
- Act as Vail Resorts representative with the local community as necessary.
- Experience leading a multi-outlet function
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proven strategic thinking and ability to build effective business case
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Previous guest service experience
- College degree in related field
- Experience as a Ski School Director
- Background as a full time ski/snowboard instructor
- PSIA/AASI certification
- Experience working for Vail Resorts
- Experience with PeopleSoft, RPOS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree, in business-related field – highly preferred
To apply, please visit https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.