Website Lee Canyon
Ski School Manager
LEE CANYON AMBITION AND MISSION STATEMENT
Our Ambition: To be Vegas’ year-round backyard escape for discovering adventure in the mountains.
Our Mission: Deliver memorable experiences. Enhance people’s lives. Have fun doing it.
This position is responsible for oversight of Ski and Snowboard School programs and Summer Activities , including the training of staff, labor management, guest services and the development and expansion of new and existing products and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Motivates, evaluates, and directs staff on a continual basis.
- Effectively communicates with all employees, guests and outside affiliates.
- Ensures that all ski school employees receive the training, support, guidance, feedback and resources necessary to perform job duties effectively.
- Ensures training programs are current with industry and PSIA/AASI standards.
- Oversees ski and snowboard program operations, task delegation and administrative processes in accordance with resort goals.
- Protect and promote the safety of self, co-workers and Lee Canyon guests at all times, which may include regular snow removal and ice melt placement.
- Report any potential safety risks, situations, accidents or incidents immediately.
- Has ability to train, direct, develop and mentor employees.
- Addresses employee performance issues.
- Able to create a comfortable and productive workplace for all team members.
- Accurately forecasts staffing needs and schedules individuals for daily teaching and activities in accordance to resort and guest need.
- Creates and facilitates daily instructor payroll process to ensure accuracy of reporting and compensation.
- Has excellent guest service and communicative skills and consistently strives to improve upon the guest experience.
- Can work comfortably with various cultures and ages in a team environment.
- Able to establish and maintain a friendly rapport with all other departments.
- Regularly cooperates with Marketing, Rentals, Ticketing and F&B to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Works closely with Director of Resort Services in the creation and maintenance of departmental budget.
- Adherence to budgetary plan and constraints.
- Attends administrative meetings and communicates initiatives effectively to staff.
- Facilitates staff meetings.
- Continuous innovation in anticipation for growth.
- Open to new ideas and processes to help facilitate change.
- Accurate and timely payroll processing within department.
- Has a clean and welcoming appearance.
- Oversees children’s specialty programs.
- Must pass pre-employment screening.
- Has reliable transportation to be able to carpool/commute.
- Is able to safely navigate uneven and slippery terrain.
- Has use of their own ski boots or snowboard boots, skis or snowboard, ski poles as needed, helmet, gloves and eye protection.
- Previous Guest Service in a similar resort setting.
- Previous experience supervising a staff of 25+.
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing ski and snowboard instructors.
- Current Level II Certification & Children’s Certification, etc.
- Experience in managing and adhering to revenue, labor and expense budgets.
- Organizational and Computer Skills a must.
- Strong training and mentoring skills required.
- Able to communicate timely and effectively in both face-to-face arenas and via the use of various pieces of technology.
- Must have the ability to lift 50lbs and carry 50 yds.
- Must be able to work in the standing position for up to 8 hrs.
- Must be able to work in outside temperatures of under 32 degrees for up to 8 hrs.
- Must have advanced skiing and/or snowboard ability.
Application Deadline: December 10, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to HR@leecanyonlv.com