Website Bogus Basin Mountain
Ski / Snowboard Instructor
Location: Bogus Basin Mountain Recreation Area, Boise ID
Category: Seasonal Hourly, Full-time or Part-time
Description: The Ski/Snowboard Instructor position creates memorable experiences for guests and encourages lifetime participation in winter sports. The Ski/Snowboard Instructor position ensures that lesson participants are safe, have fun, and learn according to their desires.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Instruct program, group, and private lessons of varying ability levels, as assigned.
- Instruct students of any age, gender, or learning style, as assigned.
- Attend all assigned meetings and trainings.
- Greet students at meeting areas, and assist supervisors in organizing classes.
- Create a safe, fun, and engaging learning environment.
- Promote safety by following safe practices and reporting any unsafe conditions.
- Adapt teaching methods to the student’s age, temperament, and desires.
- Follow sound presentation principles.
- Maintain a professional, friendly, and helpful attitude while interacting with students, guests, and staff.
- Conduct lessons for maximum positive outcome.
- Check-in for lesson assignments when required.
- Complete all required paperwork: class cards, time sheets, incident reports, etc.
Non Essential Functions of the Job
- Train for self-improvement. (skiing/riding skills and teaching skills).
- Assist in preparing lesson plans for upcoming lessons.
- Perform other related tasks, as necessary.
- Passionate about Bogus Basin’s Mission.
- Ability to work with people of all ages, especially children.
- Basic knowledge of skiing/snowboarding.
- Must be able to ski/ride comfortably and safely on blue terrain at moderate speeds.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions during stressful situations.
- Employee is frequently required to stand, balance, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Employee must be able to perform heavy work (defined as exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects).
- Position requires all movement and physical exertion commonly associated with skiing or snowboarding.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Majority of time spent in an outdoor environment.
- Employee may be subject to an extended period working outdoors ranging from four (4) to six (6) hours or more.
- Position is regularly exposed to inclement weather.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Schedule will vary based on the needs of the department and operating hours.
- Full time employees are required to work five shifts a week.
- Part time employees are required to work three shifts a week
- Temp employee work during peak holiday periods.
When in the public eye, your personal appearance is an important part of the product we offer our guests. You should come to work neatly groomed and in uniform. In addition to the uniform jacket instructors need the following equipment:
- Black ski or snowboard pants
- Gloves or mittens, durable and in good repair
- Helmet and eyewear
- Thermal wear, sufficient clothing for warmth
- Appropriate equipment for alpine skiing/snowboarding that is up-to-date, in good repair and in safe working condition
Apply at www.bogusbasin.org/job-search/
Application closes 12/25/2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org