Website Sunday River Resort
Snowsports School Training Coordinator
Location: Sunday River – Newry, Maine
Type of Job: Full-time
Salary: competitive hourly wage based on experience, rates start at $17-$20+ per hour.
The Sunday River SnowSports School team members are enthusiastic, ambitious, thrive in the outdoors, love the mountain lifestyle, have a positive “get ‘er done attitude” and are passionate about skiing and snowboarding. If that sounds like you, we want you on our team! We have fun, love what we do, work together as a team and use every guest interaction as an opportunity to create lifelong skiers and snowboarders. Come join us this winter!
Core Responsibilities for the Snowsports Training Coordinator:
- Advocate of Safety – Team members are expected to promote and act as a role model of the responsibility code, Park Etiquette and Education Program, and Sunday River’s safety policies.
- Commitment to Exceptional Guest Service – Team members are expected to provide all guests with a caring and inspirational guided snow sport experience that includes safety, fun and learning as the foundation. Every guest interaction should be focused on sharing our passion for snowsports and creating lifelong skiers and snowboarders.
- Support Team Work – Team members are expected to work effectively and efficiently with fellow team members and managers, fulfill schedule commitments and add availability during peak times, be on time and prepared for work, be pro-active with a positive “can-do” attitude!
- Administer and communicate details for a comprehensive training program for the Snowsports School, including topics for personal development, preseason, new hire and individual training for department specifics ie Children, Adult, LTS, LTR and exam focus
- Select and train a group of trainers who can deliver a clear message of training and are qualified to lead specific training sessions.
- Create a season long training plan and communicate a detailed training plan.
- Track who attends training. Also track required training sessions and communicate with Snowsports School management team to ensure compliance of training requirements.
- Lead daily training sessions.
- Assist instructors and guests on hill in lessons as needed.
- Review and approve training payroll.
- Track what trainer can lead specific training.
- Create written material for Team Members alongside training as needed.
- Manage the training budget.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times.
- Hold training team members accountable for proper performance of their jobs.
- Assist instructors and guests on the hill in lessons as needed
- Provide constructive feedback to instructors and observe lessons to provide training opportunities to enhance the guest experience and increase the instructor’s performance.
- Demonstrate and communicate proper ski techniques in accordance with the guidelines established by the resort and Professional Ski Instructors of America/American Association of Snowboard Instructors.
- Be familiar with and adhere to the policies and procedures of the resort Team Handbook and the SnowSports School Manual.
- Respectfully use team member benefits as they are outlined in resort policies.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in job sharing; assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; sharing insights from guest interactions and ideas for improvements; accepting diverse assignments; maintaining a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all team member and guest interactions.
- Support SnowSports School sales by learning, understanding and being able to explain products, reservation processes and other operational procedures to staff and guests to enhance the guest experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PSIA or AASI Level 3
- Previous training coordinator or trainer preferred
- Be able to communicate well with guests, both children and adults, other team members and managers. Clear, courteous and timely communication skills are required.
- Willingness to work with children and adults of various ages, experience, athletic abilities and desires as it relates to snow sports.
- Ability to keep a positive outlook, problem solve, improvise, adapt, adjust and overcome challenges in the learning environment as needed.
- Ability to guide quality snowsport school experiences for team members and guests, time and time again.
All seasonal Team Members at the Sunday River SnowSports School receive:
- FREE Sunday River Season Pass. Part Time and Full Time employees also receive a Season Pass valid at Sugarloaf and Loon.
- Full Time team members are eligible for Season Pass benefits for their dependents.
- Full Time and Part Time team members are eligible for discounted skiing at other Boyne resorts.
- Discounted lodging opportunities at Sunday River and other Boyne resorts.
- Discounted ski/snowboard lessons, rentals, retail, restaurants/cafeterias, child care and other resort services at Sunday River.
- Full Time employees are eligible for affordable employee housing.
- Discounts from Sunday River’s official partners including Under Armor, Verizon and others.
- Reimbursement for personal development certifications including PSIA/AASI.
- Monthly team member events.
Contact Information: complete an online application at https://www.sundayriver.com/employment or contact Glen Harrop , for additional information.
Application Deadline: 10/15/21
To apply for this job please visit www.sundayriver.com.